Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

One of my favorite quotes

I've been reading, once again, the Outlander series, from Diana Gabaldon. I can't get enough of these books, and I'm amazed that even after 5 or 6 times (I've lost the count), I still cry or laugh out loud.

In the second book (Dragonfly in Amber), there's this exchange between the main characters (Jaime and Claire, his time-traveling wife from the 20th century) ... The quote after the break!


"[...] why do ye no just tell me to go to the devil, Sassenach?" he burst out.

I laughed until my sides hurt under the tight corseting, holding on to his arm.

"Go to hell, Jaime," I said at last, wiping my eyes. "Go directly to hell. Do not pass Go. Do not collect two hundred dollars. There. Do you feel better?"

"Aye, I do," he said, his expression lightening."When ye start to talk daft, I know you're all right."

(C) Diana Gabaldon.

And you? Do you have some quotes from your favourites books? Are there some books that you just can't get enough of? (weird structure, I know... correct me if it's wrong!)

No comments:

Post a Comment